On Tuesday, April 19th, Kitsap Environmental Coalition (KEC) will be participating in the 2022 Kitsap Great Give, a 24-hour “give-day” event that unites our community through a special online donation platform to support the many nonprofit organizations that make Kitsap a great place to live – for all of us.
Our board has set a goal of $2,000 to raise during the event including during early giving (started April 1st thru April 18th!) KEC will share more ways to participate in earth-friendly activities, incentives, prizes for donors in the coming weeks, including a little celebration of our 2022 KGG mascots – the Newts – in honor of ongoing collaborative efforts with Stillwaters Environmental Center volunteers and North Kitsap Heritage Park Steward Tom Doty, to rescue numerous newts, frogs, and other amphibians trapped by a construction site silt fence near PGFHP and helped them to make their way to wetlands and ponds – the amphibians’ natural habitat.
One of the benefits to supporting non-profits participating in the Great Give is your donation goes further with a 5% bonus boost to the organization of your donation, supported by sponsors of the Great Give. For example, a donation of $100 grows to $105 with the bonus pool. (Our thanks in advance to for donors who also pay the processing fee to maximize their donations).
- KEC’s KGG donation link is https://kitsapgreatgive.org/profile/s/kitsap-environmental-coalition
- Use your credit or debit card to give online at www.KitsapGreatGive.org from a computer or mobile device, as the website is optimized for easy access through mobile giving from a smartphone (iPhone, Android, etc.). Data charges for personal mobile devices may apply and are not reimbursed;
- Make a gift by check, credit, or debit card by returning our reply envelope included in the KGG direct mail appeal distributed to more than 100,000 households in Kitsap;
- Make a gift by check, credit, or debit card using our reply device clipped from the special supplement provided by Sound Publishing to the Bainbridge Island Review, North Kitsap Herald, Central Kitsap Reporter, and Port Orchard Independent and mailing it to the Kitsap Community Foundation;
- Call the Kitsap Community Foundation at (360) 698-3622 to make your gift over the phone.
Stay tuned for specific times where KEC members can donate and hope to win additional prizes on 4/19. Please share with family, friends, and colleagues who care about the planet and want to make a difference for our community.
On Tuesday, April 19th, Kitsap Environmental Coalition (KEC) will be participating in the 2022 Kitsap Great Give, a 24-hour “give-day” event that unites our community through a special online donation platform to support the many nonprofit organizations that make Kitsap a great place to live – for all of us.Our board has set a goal […]email@example.com